Thursday, March 3, 2011

For a Fresh Change, Try a Green Pepper

Today, I was asked what my favorite food was. The first things that came to my mind, like probably most people in the world, were junk foods. I didn't respond immediately because I know there are a lot more ingredients in all of these junk foods that I like more than the combination themselves. 


After thinking about this for a few minutes, I knew I had my answer: Green Peppers. Odd..I know! I put green peppers on EVERYTHING. That isn't even an understatement. Oddly enough, when I buy a frozen cheese pizza from the grocery store, I also pick up a green pepper because I know I won't eat the pizza without the peppers! 


After being asked this, I made my way to the grocery store to make something for lunch, and you'll never guess what I bought!? As I was grazing the produce section though, I realized how I have never known how to pick the freshest and best produce from the store! I think this may be a problem with a lot of shoppers, which could also be one of the reasons (American's especially), skip over the produce section! I have attached an website that I looked over and found helpful for these types of dilemmas! 


Green peppers are a somewhat popular veggie that you, yourself can grow in your own backyard, also! This is definitely something I will do to challenge myself when I have a back yard! 


                         Click here: Picking Fresh Produce!

No comments:

Post a Comment