Monday, February 28, 2011

Did You Know?!

As I was checking out a friend's "She's Country" Facebook page, (everyone 'like' it :) ) I couldn't help but notice one of her posts:"Did you Know: Approximately 22 million people work in ag related fields. Are you one of them? What do you do?" This got me thinking, and it relates to the 
purpose of this blog in a lot of ways.

There are so many different professions that involve agriculture. A few that I can think of off the top of my head are Farmers (of course), fishing, Zoology, Conservationist, Horticulturist, Landscaper (working with plants, right?), Veterinarian, and Park Rangers. Originally, I thought this list was pretty long, considering my knowledge of agriculture. 
   
What are the different agriculture professions and careers you can think of? Can you beat my list?
   
There seems to a lot of abundant lists stating careers that involve agriculture out there that contain even the slightest bit of it. This explains a lot about how important agriculture is to our everyday lives. Have you ever thought about how many different ingredients are in your food? How it's processed and where it comes from? Just a few thoughts to get your brain moving on this sunny Monday!


Here's a little video for you to check out- Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe :) Ostrich Farmers. Who knew? Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment