Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Say What?

Tonight, I finally have a night off to write! I have wanting to sit back and relax all week! While kicking my feet up, I was watching some television and I heard a familiar song "Old McDonald Had a Farm" to be exact. This got me thinking about my childhood and where this song originated! I don't know a single kid out there who doesn't know this song! Do you know how the history behind this song?




Where do any of these sayings/songs come from?! 
 "Your fences need to be horse-high, pig-tight and bull-strong."
-    "Always drink upstream from the herd."
-    "Life is simpler when you plow around the stump."
- "Don't count your chickens before they hatch."
What do you think of these sayings? Have you heard them before? I think they all have their own significance! 

No comments:

Post a Comment