Thursday, March 31, 2011

Best Day of the Year!

Happy Thursday everyone! As most of you baseball fans know, it's time for the season to start again! Baseball is my favorite sport to watch and my favorite day of the year is FINALLY here: St. Louis Cardinals Opening Day! 
(Sorry to all you Cubs fans out there)




In celebrating this wonderful day, I was thinking of a way to incorporate agriculture into it. I came across an interesting flyer on the internet for the Minnesota Twins all about how baseball and agriculture work hand-in-hand! I mean, if you think about it, almost all aspects can be drawn back to natural resources and the earth. Cotton is used in the jerseys, the turf and clay, the chalk, the concessions for the fans and of course the mitts and gloves! 


There is even a team right here in Normal called the Cornbelters! 


Check this flyer out and sit back and enjoy some baseball today! 
Baseball & Ag- Minnesota Twins

No comments:

Post a Comment