Friday, March 4, 2011

Texas Roadtrip!

Well friends, I'm off to Texas! It's Spring Break and I am taking a vacation! I was thinking this morning (throughout all of my excitement), that I have never been to Texas before. Ok, ok maybe I drove through the top of the state when I was younger, but I don't think that counts, and since I was young, i don't remember much of anything about the state! Even though I wish you were all accompanying me on the trip, since I'm sure we could all use a little vacation! 
I thought I would use this time before I leave to relay some facts about the great state to refresh my own memory! I feel like I need to know a little about the state before I go!
Well to start, I know the capital of Texas is Austin!(That's about the extent of my knowledge!)

Here are a few facts I found about things I think are important about the state:
1. Petroleum and natural gas, farming (cotton, livestock), steel, banking, insurance and tourism are their main industries
2. The official state flag of Texas is called the Lonestar Flag and the state is referred to as The Lonestar State
3. Willie Nelson was born in Texas :)
4. It's the second largest U.S. state!

Remember "Everything is bigger in Texas!"

Leighton Meester- Popular actress and country musician from the recent release of "Country Strong", is also from Texas!

1 comment:

  1. Remember that Texas is the only state that can fly our flag as high as the US flag because we were once our own country!

    ReplyDelete