Saturday, April 30, 2011

'Stumbling' On Interesting Sites

Have you ever heard of the new craze of www.stumbleupon.com? I was 'stumbling' recently, and you can put a lot of your interests down and find great new websites, interesting facts and so much more on this site! I love it (too much during finals week)...I was interested in urban agriculture and new ways it is being integrated into urban culture. I found a lot of great sites! This one was one of my favorite findings!
Check this out! This is an up-and-coming building in Seattle! How cool does this look?! Food, water, and energy are the focus of the “Center for Urban Agriculture” (CUA) design. This amazing building would not rely on city water, but have it's own system! This building is looking to be more of an apartment complex, with an organic cafe on the bottom level. There would be storage as hydrogen gas in underground tanks to get through the seasons! 
As cool as this looks, what would be the implications of this? I think overall, it is a great and outstandingly driven idea. I also think that this would be beneficial to all that would reside in the building, but there could definitely be some complications!!! What are your thoughts on this project?!
Read more: http://mithun.com/projects/project_detail/center_for_urban_agriculture/#ixzz1L1bo7AXJ

No comments:

Post a Comment