Wednesday, May 23, 2012

CPS Internship

Hey guys great news. I started my internship this week and let me tell you I have learned soooooo much. So far I have learned how to take tissue samples to be sent in the lab and how to drive a truck with a loaded nurse tank behind me. I even got to go to fields by myself today and take samples alone. Te hard part was finding the fields because I have never used a plot map before or had to actually use county signs like 500N. Let me tell you my GPS came in handy and so did my dad and his knowledge because I got lost. I ended up being bout five miles in the wrong direction, but in the end I figurd it out and got seven out of the nine tests done in the two hours I had to, get them which was good. I also got to know what it feels like to drive a truck with a nurse tank hooked up to it. Man when it is loaded, it is harder than I thought it would be. Going slow was my best friend, but once it was unloaded it was so much easier, especially when I needed to slam on the breaks. People really don't pay attention on back country roads, even when there is a big sprayer in front of me. But either way, so far this internship has been great and I can't wait to see what else is in store for the summer!!!! If you ever get a chance to take sin internship, I really reccomend it, it is defiantly worth being sore from walking fields.

No comments:

Post a Comment