Thursday, November 17, 2011

What's Your Brand?

For as far back as I can remember, branding yourself as well as your business has been a key in how much success you will experience with whatever it is you are trying to accomplish. As I look foward to graduation, I realize I must brand myself in how I want to be portrayed to future employers. Just as farmers and ranchers brand their livestock so they know where they belong, we must brand ourselves so people know where we come from as well.

Now, when I say brand I don't necessarily mean brand as in hot irons, but more so, how you present yourself along with your business. Logos, taglines, colors, fonts, pictures, and symbols among several other factors all come into play when deciding on a brand for your company. You want to create something catchy that will stand out in the business world and then represent yourself in a professional manner. The next time you want to promote a company (this could be a farming operation, show livestock, or your place of work) remember to create something people will be attracted to. By doing this not only will you brand yourself, but you will also attract potential clients.

1 comment:

  1. Some really great thoughts Katlyn! Thank you for the friendly reminder of being someone that people want to hire! Our actions and our words say so much about who we are. Keep the great articles coming!!

    ReplyDelete