Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Give Thanks


Where would a girl be without her brother and sister?

Thanksgiving has snuck right up this year. I can not believe it is that time already! The years seem to go faster and faster with each flip of the calendar. As you sit down to a feast tomorrow with your loved ones, take notice of all who have prepared the food on the table. Not only preparation, but who harvested the produce for you? Who butchered the turkey? As the pilgrims were the first ones to partake in the Thanksgiving holiday on that long ago day, farmers are the ones who keep growing the food we all enjoy eating.

My challenge to you, is to count your blessings. What are you thankful for? I know this is an over used question especially on Thanksgiving but look at everything you do have; don't compare yourself to others, rather focus on everything you have that makes you you. I can  tell you right now, I would not be where I am today without the love and support from my family and friends. They truly are great, even though we may have our days as everyone has. Also, as much as I may complain about school and wanting it to be over, I am so thankful I have the opportunity to go to college; it really isn't that bad when looking at the big picture.  Finally, I am so thankful I was raised in the country because growing up on the farm, I know the value of hard work, honesty, and faith. So, what makes you who you are? Who has influenced your life? What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a sweet looking family! Hope you are able to enjoy them during this Thanksgiving time.

    ReplyDelete