Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Where has the time gone?

Where has the time gone? I can not believe Thanksgiving is less than a month away! I came upon this realization in class as final projects were being assigned, and realized just how fast time does go by. I concluded that I have not yet carved a pumpkin this fall (which will happen this week), or navigated my way through a corn maze. Growing up on the farm, there was always so much to be done during these fall months. From making apple sauce, to carving pumpkins, to harvesting, to hanging out with friends at a bon fire, to hay rack rides, to spending the day at an apple orchard/pumpkin patch, to riding horses, there was never a dull moment.

Being away at college, I have missed out on some of the simple pleasures of being on the farm. I realized today just how true this is. I want to tell you to take the time to enjoy the autumn season. It is not too late to head to your favorite orchard/pumpkin patch, or put your artistic talents to use by carving pumpkins. With Thanksgiving right around the corner, it is not too early to practice some of those favorite recipes. With that said, seize the day, enjoy the rest of the fall season!

1 comment: