Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Farm friends

So yesterday was a sad day for my family. My pet of many many years passed away. :(  So today in honor of my dog Shilo i wanted to write a little something about pets.



Pets can actually be a big help on a farm, especially dogs. Dogs can help with catching other animals, help keep away predators, eat annoying animals, and just really be the companion you need. They would be the one following you around even when you really do not want them to or getting into something that really just makes you laugh when they come to you with their tail in between their legs and eyes looking like "Uh Oh what did I do".

With kids around, dogs are great. They also help round up those kids and keep them out of trouble. Back when my dad was a kid, their farm dog would basically babysit him. When my dad would start to go somewhere he was not suppose to or the dog sensed there could be trouble, the dog would grab him by his pants with his teeth and drag him back to where he was suppose to be without ever harming him.

We need to remember that even though dogs are pets, they should not be taken forgranted because one day they will not be here and you will really miss what you had.

People always say that dogs are man's best friend and from experience I agree. Shilo was my best friend. Us girls like to talk our feelings and thoughts out and that dog was always there to lend a little tail wag or kiss when i needed it the most. He was always willing to do anything that I wanted him to and never hesitated. Him and I had this bond like non other. Not even the relationships with my other family members and him were as strong as his and mine. So yesterday I did not just loose a dog, but I lost one of my best friends and nothing will ever replace that.

No comments:

Post a Comment