Friday, December 9, 2011

Child Labor Laws

Farming is more than a job; it's a lifestyle. At least that's how many people involved with agriculture see it. Unfortunately, the Obama Administration does not view farming like that as they propose new revisions to the child labor law which will affect the future of agriculture. Under these new revisions, the Department of Labor would end most child labor on farms unless the farm is owned by their family and a parent directly oversees everything that is done. Affecting any child under the age of 16, these revisions will negatively impact the industry.

The chores I had to do on the farm growing up made me who I am today. I learned a great deal of strong work ethic and responsibility through 4-H and FFA. These two organizations promote leadership and hard work in today's youth. To achieve great things, one must work at it from a very young age. I don't feel I was overworked during my childhood, but rather learned a great deal in order to succeed in whatever I do. What are your thoughts on these new ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment