Thursday, September 8, 2011

Paul Taylor: A Family Legacy

As cliché as it sounds, farming is in the blood. Growing up on a family farm, I can definitely relate to that; I mean it is so true. When I was trying to figure out what to do with my life it was always between something musical or something ag. I chose to pursue something musical when starting my college career because I wanted to try something different. I mean I grew up on a farm, active in FFA, what else could there possibly be to learn about agriculture? Well, clearly my career path has taken a drastic turn and I have ended up working within the agriculture industry, and I am so thankful I was able to find my way back to my strong agricultural roots.

Paul Taylor, owner/operator of his own corn/soybean/vegetable farm in Esmond, Illinois said farming is indeed in your blood. It is a family heritage. No matter where life leads him, Taylor always finds his way back to the farm. Taylor is the District 1 Director for the Illinois Corn Grower’s Association representing 9 counties in northeastern Illinois. Growing green peas, lima beans, and sweet corn for Del Monte, Taylor does it all. As September is ‘National Pea Month,’ Taylor deserves to be applauded for all his hard work in growing peas along with all his other vegetables.

1 comment:

  1. NICE WEBSITE, PAUL & BARB!!! GOD BLESS OUR FARMERS!!!!! (Pam & Randy Forcier, Spokane, WA)

    ReplyDelete